Portuguese Surf Film Festival 2017
The Portuguese Surf Film Festival (PSFF) takes place in Ericeira, Europe´s only World Surfing Reserve. We have a magnificent venue and HD projection, to screen the few films that will be part of this year´s lineup.
We are looking forward to hearing from you. The PSFF requires no submission fee!
Please pay attention to our requirements and should you agree with the terms, please fill out the form and hit the “Send” button.
Any further questions, one member of the staff will be more than happy to get back to you asap. Reach us at email@example.com.
Submission dates: March 1st – May 31st, 2017.
No films will be accepted beyond the submission deadline, unless specified by one of our staff members.
Short films are under 20 minutes.
Feature films are over 20 minutes.
The following are the Award Categories, selected by the Jury, at the Portuguese Surf Film Festival:
1. "Best Surf Film" is the most important award of the PSFF and designates the film of the year. It can be a short or feature film.
2. "Best Short" awards the best film under 20 minutes.
3. “Ericeira in Shorts” aims at promoting the lifestyle, the quality of the waves, its world surfing reserve status and the stories surrounding surfing at this beautiful village.
4. "Best in Sustainability" awards the film that better brings awareness to sustainability matters, both environmental affairs and social responsibility.
5. "Women in Surf Films" is a new award and aims at honoring the presence and activism of women, either as film directors or as the stars of the surf films presented.
6. "Best Soundtrack" awards the film that has the best body of music and ideally as original.
And there is still another award, selected by the public attending the festival: "Audience Award", that is given to the film that has gotten the highest rankings among the attendees.
No film submitted should already be available online for public screening, nor the production year be before 2016, unless specified by the PSFF staff.. And only films that have not yet been publicly screened in Portugal shall be accepted, unless otherwise stated by the Selection Committee.
You need to include a private URL and password for our screening, under the Observations field on the Submission Form.
More than one film may be submitted but each film submission must be accompanied by it’s own submission form.
By submitting, the producer/director declares that owns the rights for public broadcasting of the film, as well as the music in it. If requested, the producer / director should be able to prove ownership of these rights, assuming responsibility should there be any conflicts regarding this matter.
Films produced in languages other than English must have English subtitles. This applies to all films submitted in Portuguese too, if they become our official selection.
The screening panels’ decisions are final and will be communicated directly to every single one of the the filmmakers who have submitted their film, by the 2nd of June 2017.
Once you receive a positive response, we expect you to send all HD film files must be received via hardrive or downloaded by June 20th, 2017.
All HD files must be in the following formats (.mov): ApplePro Res or H.264.
2 DVDs must be sent to the PSFF for back-up. Please do not send master copies because we will not be able to return them.
Filmmakers will assume all shipping costs to the PSFF.
Filmmakers agree to the use of up to 3 minutes of their trailer/film for PSFF promotion purposes.
Back to Home page